Sunday, January 8, 2012

Indoor Beach Party Slider Invitations!

I can't believe it's January and I haven't seen any real snow yet! There were a couple of days in December where we received light "dustings," but it melted pretty much right away. Our temperatures have been mild, which is not usual. I guess I'm not complaining because the snow can be a pain, but I do feel bad that my kids haven't been able to enjoy it.

But while we've had these mild temperatures, it's still not warm enough to get away with shorts, tees and flip flops! But later this month my teen-aged daughter (wow, that's weird to type and read!) will be able to wear just that with her friends at her birthday BEACH PARTY!!

Here is the invitation that I came up with:

This is what it will look like
when each recipient receives it . . .

When you pull the straw out,
it reveals the party information!


Closer view of the party info pulled up and
the "Stickle-ing" (yep, that's a word) of the fruit!

One pulled up and one not!

Back view - the straw was cut and adhered
to the back of the party wording

And here are all 12 ready to go! My teenie-bopper
can deliver them on Monday morning at school! :)

Supplies:
  • Cricut Life Is A Beach Cartridge for pineapple, orange, cherry and "You're Invited" wording
  • Recollections cardstock in yellow, hot pink, orange and red
  • Georgia-Pacific white cardstock
  • Beach Type font downloaded for free from the internet
  • Paper umbrella toothpicks purchased from www.orientaltrading.com
  • Bendy straws that I just happened to have on hand-YES!
  • Candy Cane and Orange Peel Stickles
      Adhesives used:
  • ATG to adhere 2 pineapple pieces together and the cut-up straw to the back of the party wording
  • EK Success Zig 2-Way glue for orange layer and "You're Invited" wording
  • Micro Glue Dots for cherry and umbrella (rolled around tip of toothpick)
I'm kind of getting excited about this beach party-woohoo! It's definitely something fun to focus on to keep the "Winter Blues" away. I'm sure I'll have more to share on the party soon so stay tuned. In the meantime, thanks for looking!

** UPDATE!! The Party was a success!! See all of the details HERE! **

Have a great week, my fellow crafters!

2 happy comments:

Monica said...

The straw slider is so clever!! Nice job! Can't wait to see what else you come up with for the party Jen! I bet your daughter will have a blast!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Oh my gosh JEN!!! These are WONDERFUL...love them!!!! The straw is just tooo cute!!!

I am freaking out that my boys are about to turn 5 and 8...I cant even imagine when they are teenagers...sniff sniff!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen